(208) 424-0800

Social Security

June 9, 2015 audreyn@numberslaw.com Social Security Tags: , , , , ,
It may be possible to claim benefits from an adult child’s account.  If your child provides more than half of your financial support and you are at least 62 years old, you could be eligible to receive survivor benefits if your child passes away.  Should you find yourself in these circumstances contact the Social Security Administration to see if you qualify.  It is even possible if you do qualify to claim under your child’s social security first and allow your own to grow until you are age 70 to maximize your retirement benefit.

Submit a comment